The Alumni Ambassador Network consists of proud, successful UF College of Medicine alumni who serve as ambassadors to prospective students, families and friends across The Gator Nation. Created by the Medical Alumni Association (MAA), it allows alumni to reconnect with each other and the college while supporting the needs of students and education. Our alumni offer insight into the college’s MD, resident, PA, PhD and masters programs.
What do Alumni Ambassadors do? There are a variety of ways you can be involved:
- Assist admissions by calling accepted students, attending regional recruitment events and hosting gatherings for accepted students.
- Host regional accepted student receptions so that accepted students, their families and local alumni can meet before school begins.
- Offer preceptorships or shadow sites to serve as a teacher and role model. Preceptorships are one of the most popular courses among students because they have the chance to learn and practice their skills in your office. MDs would supervise first- or second-year medical or PA students working on their clinical skills one to two weeks per year. PAs would supervise PA students over a four-week period.
- Extend a welcome to new graduates from the College of Medicine who are beginning their residencies in your area. Whether you meet for coffee or enjoy a meal together, a warm welcome and a UF connection can make a critical difference to a resident who is beginning “real” practice.
- Serve as a volunteer for our HOST program, which matches students with alumni volunteers who provide them with a free place to stay during interview trips
- Become part of the mentor and networking community where students can search for alumni who opt in, based on name, location or specialty.
If you are looking for a meaningful way to volunteer your time and have an impact on future physicians, physician assistants and researchers, the Alumni Ambassador Network is for you.
Volunteer Mentoring Network
The Online Mentoring Network taps into our wonderful alumni support network by allowing students to access a database of alumni volunteers who have agreed to be contacted by students for questions and guidance. UF College of Medicine students will have access to a password-protected database of alumni volunteers. Students can search alumni by degree, location or specialty. Students can reach out to alumni directly to start the engagement. A member of the Alumni Affairs team will reach out to you to check in and learn about your experience.
For more information about the Mentoring Network, please contact Alumni Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for a fun and easy way to connect with current MD, PA, PhD students.
Log in to participate in our program as a student of the UF College of Medicine. For password access to the list of volunteer alumni mentors, contact Alumni Affairs at email@example.com.