News & Events
Recent News from the Insider
- Zika virus resources on the Bridge
February 10, 2016
Access the latest information about the Zika virus on the Bridge. Visit the “Emerging Issues Info & Response” page to view information from UF Health, the CDC and the Florida Department of...
- UF Health’s Li-Ming Su, M.D., named chair of the UF department of urology
February 2, 2016
The UF College of Medicine announces the appointment of Dr. Li-Ming Su as chair of the department of urology.
- Huddle up for hospitality
January 26, 2016
Starting in February, Hospitality Huddles will be introduced as a regular practice for everyone working at UF Health Shands, UF Health Physicians, the UF College of Medicine and UF Health core...
- Online portals could improve health for adolescents
January 21, 2016
In case you missed it — that’s ICYMI in Internet speak — study after study shows teens prefer texting, social media and email to communicating by phone. The question is, if...
- Core Laboratory receives automation advancements
January 19, 2016
New features will improve patient care and satisfaction.
- Steven DeKosky, M.D., named interim director of McKnight Brain Institute
January 4, 2016
Steven T. DeKosky, M.D., has been appointed interim executive director for the Evelyn F. and William L. McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida.
- UF researchers call for close attention to flu viruses
December 18, 2015
UF researchers find last year’s flu virus to be different than the viruses contained in the vaccine — and say genetic testing could help vaccine manufacturers develop a better flu vaccine each...
- UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital NICU renovations begin Jan. 4
December 18, 2015
Starting Jan. 4, the Neonatal ICU on the third floor of the UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital will undergo an expansion to grow the number of beds that can accommodate the hospital’s tiniest,...