News & Events
Recent News from the Insider
- College of Medicine celebrates research with annual event
February 24, 2015
The University of Florida College of Medicine recently hosted its annual Celebration of Research poster session, and for the first time, combined faculty and student research poster presentations.
- UF Health study: Even light activity is heart-healthy
February 19, 2015
Even everyday activities such as dusting and walking to the mailbox can reduce older adults’ risk of heart attack or death, according to a University of Florida Health study.
- Morey appointed chair of the UF department of anesthesiology
February 18, 2015
After an extensive national search, Timothy E. Morey, M.D., has been appointed chair of the anesthesiology department at the University of Florida College of Medicine.
- Alumni Portrait: Heather Dempsey, MPAS ’14
February 16, 2015
A Gator physician assistant continues her UF ties at the Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute’s new OrthoCare Daytime Clinic.
- How We Learn: The Next Chapter
February 16, 2015
Learn more about the naming opportunities available in the new George T. Harrell, M.D., Medical Education Building.
- “Be a Safer Gator” – Join us for Patient Safety and Quality Week
February 2, 2015
Activities and events are scheduled from March 9-13.
- University of Florida Health breaks ground for new hospitals
January 23, 2015
New hospitals in 2018: UF Health broke ground on its two new hospitals, the UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital and the UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital, on Jan. 23.
- New policy analysis website will help researchers uncover links between economic policies and health
January 22, 2015
Researchers from the Institute for Child Health Policy at UF and Temple University are studying how economic policies, such as minimum wage and unemployment compensation, impact health.