News & Events
Recent News from the Insider
- UF researchers receive grant for brain cancer research
April 22, 2015
The Florida Center for Brain Tumor Research, or FCBTR, in partnership with Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, ABC2, awarded $350,000 in grants to four researchers, including two from the University of...
- Alumni Portrait: Baligh Yehia, M.D. ’06
April 20, 2015
College of Medicine junior honors alumnus Baligh Yehia, M.D. ’06, dedicates his career to transforming patient care and health systems through innovation and policy.
- Service and achievements
April 20, 2015
UF College of Medicine faculty honored for years of service and excellence in education, research and leadership.
- UF Health Day at THE PLAYERS
April 17, 2015
UF Health has been selected as Charity of the Day at THE PLAYERS golf tournament on May 9 in Ponte Vedra Beach.
- Oxycodone overdose deaths drop 25 percent after launch of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
April 15, 2015
Oxycodone-related deaths dropped 25 percent after Florida implemented its Prescription Drug Monitoring Program in late 2011 as part of its response to the state’s prescription drug abuse epidemic,...
- New ophthalmology chair seeks to advance research, clinical care and training programs
April 14, 2015
Sonal S. Tuli, M.D., M.Ed., has been appointed chair of the department of ophthalmology at the University of Florida College of Medicine.
- “Big data” database aims to speed up Alzheimer’s research with input from UF Health scientist
April 13, 2015
The NIH has announced a big data portal to spur Alzheimer's research — which will include data generated by a team of researchers from UF Health.
- Going for the gold
April 3, 2015
Top graduate students from each biomedical science interdisciplinary program competed during the 40th annual UF College of Medicine Medical Guild Research Symposium April 1.