News & Events
Recent News from the Insider
- UF Health Cancer Center selected for “unprecedented” national pancreatic cancer clinical trial
October 25, 2016
The University of Florida Health Cancer Center has been selected as one of 12 initial clinical trial sites participating in Precision Promise, the first large-scale precision medicine trial designed...
- Flu vaccination events continue throughout October
October 21, 2016
The UF SHCC and UF Health Shands OHS co-host flu vaccination events leading up to Oct. 30 deadline.
- Nationally known orthopaedist selected as chief medical officer for UF Health Shands
October 20, 2016
University of Florida orthopaedic oncologist C. Parker Gibbs Jr., M.D., has been named chief medical officer for UF Health Shands.
- A time to recall lifelong memories
October 20, 2016
UF College of Medicine Alumni Weekend unites graduates in feelings of nostalgia and awe.
- ShandsCair to host community event in honor of 35th anniversary
October 19, 2016
ShandsCair will host a community event Nov. 5 to commemorate 35 years of lifesaving missions.
- UF Health recognized for excellence in pancreatic cancer treatment
October 18, 2016
The National Pancreas Foundation recently named UF Health as an NPF Center, a recognition for excellence in pancreatic cancer care and research.
- UF neuroscience study sheds light on effect of methamphetamine on the brain
October 17, 2016
New hope for treating meth addiction: UF neuroscience study identifies a novel mechanism for how the drug adversely affects the firing pattern of neurons in the brain.
- A new home for our tiniest, most vulnerable patients
October 11, 2016
The renovated Neonatal ICU features whimsical designs and family-focused areas.